Looking to download some music from YouTube and leave the long length videos behind? There are dozens of YouTube ripper services out there, and while many of them will get the job done, the ones we will be covering in this tutorial are arguably the most simple and user –friendly of the bunch.
Please note that Ripping audio from YouTube is a breach of YouTube’s term of use. That means Google could ditch your account over it, if they found out and decide to take action. There are several ways to access music from YouTube without breaking any of their rules; an example is using Google’s YouTube Red services- so we recommend that you consider the option first. With that being said, proceed with caution, knowing fully well the consequences and trouble you may get into if you proceed with Google. Let us start by using the web tool.
There are numerous amounts of online tools for ripping audio from YouTube videos, but Y2Mate is our favorite. It has an intuitive interface and fast conversion to different formats including MP3, MKV. You can also perform the whole conversion on the same page with no ad pop ups in the procedure.
The only downside about it is that videos that are over two hours long in length can only be converted to M4A format.
The following are some easy steps to follow on how to download your music from YouTube:
- Copy your chosen video’s URL from your browser’s address bar.
- Open a new tab and go to Y2Mate’s homepage. Paste your URL into the field labeled “search or paste link here…” select your chosen audio or video format, and click the green “download,”
- A few options would appear next. Click “Download video” and from the drop down-menu, select “extract video”. You can choose a format if you would rather convert it to an M4A or OGG file and its quality based on your preferences i.e.240p, HD, or any other preference of yours. The bottom bar also lets you to choose its download name and location.
- When ready, click the “extract” button in the bottom right hand corner to begin the process of ripping the audio from the video.
- The progress bar that appears next would give you information like; download speed, estimated download time left to complete download. When complete, you can right-click , or use the three-dot menu-link on the right hand side, to open the files location, or play it from your preferred player. Congratulations! You have successfully ripped the audio of a video from YouTube, and you can do whatever you please with your newly ripped audio.
If you don’t want to use the web tool to rip off audio from YouTube, there are certain desktop applications you can use such as 4K Video Downloader.
Don’t worry about the name as it can also be used for ripping audio from them too.
It won’t work with YouTube’s live-streaming service, but if you want to learn how to download music from YouTube with a desktop tool, follow this steps:
Step 1: Download and install 4K Video Downloader from the official site. Don’t worry about the premium, paid-for versions — you don’t need their features and the free version works just as well.
Step 2: Copy your chosen video’s URL from your browser window and then click the “Paste Link” button — with the “+” icon — in the top-left hand corner of the 4K Video Downloader window.
Step 3: You’ll then be presented with a few options. Click “Download video” and from the resulting drop-down menu, select “Extract Audio.” You can choose a format if you would rather convert it to an M4A or OGG file and its quality based on your own preferences. The bottom bar also lets you choose its download name and location.
Step 4: When ready, click the “Extract” button in the bottom right-hand corner to begin.
Step 5: The progress bar that appears will give you various information like download speed and estimated time remaining. When complete, you can right click, or use the three-dot menu-link on the right-hand side, to open the file’s location, or play it from your preferred player. The video’s audio is now ripped, and you can do with it what you want.